Kingsman Engineering,https://kingsmanengineering.co.ke/styrofoam-suppliers-in-kenya/ is the largest distributor of Styrofoam Sheets in East Africa. Our Polystyrene/styrofoam sheets in Kigali- Rwanda come in standard different sizes and thickness ranging from 1″ to 4″ inches. Further, we make customized molds and packaging boxes as per our clients specifications.
Polystyrene/styrofoam sheets in Kigali- Rwanda is one of the most widely used types of plastic today, also known by its generic term “extruded polystyrene foam”.
The sheets are produced from polystyrene beads, which when expanded and molded under controlled conditions form a light weight block.
Usage of Polystyrene/styrofoam sheets in Kigali- Rwanda
We make Styrofoam mostly of air, meaning it is a poor conductor of heat, but an excellent convector. It traps the air in small pockets, blocking the flow of heat energy. This reduces both conduction and convection and makes Styrofoam a good insulator. On the other hand, conductors such as metal are poor insulators because energy flows through them. Glass and air are other examples of good insulators. Also we place styrofoam in wall cavities to keep the inside of buildings warm. It traps air and reduces the transfer of heat energy, keeping heat inside the building.
Advantages of Polystyrene/styrofoams
- Styrofoam has excellent compressive strength characteristics
- The polystyrene sheets insulates against heat losses
- It has self-supporting properties
- Resistance to attack by fungi ,bacteria and pests
- High resistance to moisture absorption and water vapor transmission
- It is light weight allowing for economy of structural design
- It offers resistance to impact sound
- Ease to cutting and handling
- Nonirritant and non-allergic
- Insulations for ceilings, roofs walls and floors.
- Insulation of prefabricating panels and building elements
- Voids as reusable or in-situ formwork for concrete structures
- Styrofoam serves as a lightweight aggregate for concrete and insulating renderings and also in the production of lightweight clay bricks
- Styrofoam can also be used in the area of refrigeration exclusively for cold stores and extensively for deep freeze rooms.
- We also use it in pipe insulation and ducting